Well, this has been an adventurous two hours. My alarm failed to go off at 5:30 when I needed it to, and Jay was annoyed that his wouldn't stop. As I run frantically into his room at 6:45am wrapped in a pink bathrobe, he screams that he needs to get dressed as he stumbles out of bed like a drunk bum. All of the commotion wakes up sweet Emma Grace who looks like a poltergeist with her bed hed. Jay starts getting dressed which makes me realize that although very cute, my pink bathrobe isn't going to work for the first day. I run to my room like an olympic sprinter only to find NO panties. Generally I am excellent at Laundry, but I've been sick, so I have no clean laundry left. Thus, I have no panties.
Executive decisions had to be made. I still had lunch to pack and a bus pass to laminate. I don't know if it's called commando when girls go without undergarments or something else, but I had to do it. I can't even believe I am sharing this story.
So we are all dressed so that we look modest, even though I am not. I feed the kids, I pack a lunch and laminate the bus pass. We are off.
Then it happens. I realize how much wearing panties means. It's not just a functional item for me. It's like a burka for the Afghan women. No matter how skimpy they may be, panties make me feel modest. I am at least not showing my virginia. Instantly a wave of embarassment runs over me and I get a full body blush.
Jay says, "Do you have a fever again mommy?" Nope, but would it be alright if I just dropped you off at the door? "No mama I need you to walk me all the way to the classroom" Of all days to need your mama it's the one day she has no panties. So I walked in shame down the 2nd Grade hall, wondering if anyone one could tell. Walking down the hall, I realized that I was just as bad as the mom that parked in front of us that had a "support strippers" ribbon on her bumper. She's at least getting paid for her immodesty.
So I dropped Jay off, vowing to finish the laundry today, and a new appreciation for strippers.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment