Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hmmm, how do I begin without scaring you away? I am Christine. Army wife to Aaron. Screamin' it loud and proud. He's the only one that calls me Christine. (Well, most of the telemarketers from Canada also call me Christine.) You can call me Chris.

I am 28, live in the great state of Texas, it is a state...not it's own country people. You know in Texas, children are required to honor the Texas Flag in addition to the American Flag... It goes like so, "Honor the Texas Flag, I pledge allegiance to thee Texas, one and indivisable." Hmmm, maybe all that pride is the reason there is no place like Texas?!

I have two kids...both really high-maintenence. I threaten daily to sell them to the next gypsy that crosses my path. They are afraid of gypsy and refuse to watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame. We have food allergies in our family. My little girl Emma is allergic to milk and eggs. We call ourselves Kosher Vegans. Just so you know...everything has milk and eggs in it. She's the amazing bubble baby. Everyone is afraid to touch her, but she's nice. Just as long as you do everything her way. Jay is my oldest. He's mostly boy. I say mostly, because he's not really the "grab all the barbies and turn them into POW's" kind of boy. He loves outerspace and God, which leads to some very interesting theories.

Aaron is in Iraq fighting in this endless war. Everyone is screaming get them out of there, but I would like to point out that we are just now, in 2007, beginning to pull ourselves out of Germany. We're still in Korea, and the only reason we aren't in Vietnam is because we weren't able to keep people alive long enough. I don't know why all of America, and all the military spouses, are surprised. I don't think that I support this war, but I did support getting rid of Saddam Hussein. We've cleaned that up, and it did need to be done, we can't leave them in the state that they are in. We are our brother's keeper whether everyone is on board or not.

Well, I love long hot baths, without little fingers under the door asking when my private time is up. I like cold, canned green beans. I love pink sunsets, but I hate the beach.

No comments: